Sunday, July 20, 2008

Endeth The Dark Knight weekend.

The Dark Knight weekend is officially over.
I have a few stories, but I'm really tired (3 straight 9 AM showings = three straight 6 AM wake ups), so I'm going to leave you with this little gem from this afternoon and a little bit of backstory.

Today was easily the busiest of all three afternoons (nearly every afternoon show, both IMAX and regular, was sold out), so I was put at Guest Services doing a job that I have not trained for and am not qualified to do. What I can do well though, is answer phones. And the phones were ringing constantly.

Me: Muvico Parisian 20, this is Sarika speaking, how may I help you?
Girl: Are you guys playing The Dark Knight?
Me (exasperated): Yes. We are showing The Dark Knight every 40 minutes, IMAX shows are sold out throughout the weekend, but you can currently buy tickets for every other evening show, but they are selling out quickly.
Girl: Is that Batman?
Me: Yes.
Girl: Okay, now is that, like, based on a comic strip or something?

At that point I was unable to find words. That had to be a joke, right? A prank to play on movie theatre employees on the busiest weekend of the year?

I'll leave the Space Chimps story for a later time. It just doesn't compare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home